With the opening of the borders and travel back in full swing, we have compiled our list of ‘must-see’ attractions in Seattle with Quick Shuttle as your guide. Taking a quick tour of the city over the weekend? We’ve got your Seattle Sights covered:
1. The Space Needle – The iconic Seattle landmark built for the 1962 World’s Fair. As soon as you have disembarked from your 43 second elevator ride, you will be able to get a birds-eye view of Elliot Bay, the Cascade Mountains and even Mount Rainer on those clearer days. Enjoy a photo op with loved ones and stop by the souvenir shop before carrying on
2. Museum of Pop Culture – A fully immersive experience highlighting Seattle’s music scene from Hendrix to Nirvana, science fiction film and history, and all things pop-culture. There are several ongoing exhibitions to enjoy such as “Indie Game Revolution”, “Pearl Jam: Home and Away” and “Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame” to name a few. Don’t forget to grab a pass for your next trip down as there is lot’s to see!
3. Pacific Science Center – A family friendly adventure for the Science curious! Explore the planetarium and learn about galaxies both near and far, and when you’re done travelling the universe, spend some time with in the Tropical Butterfly House with the vibrant colors throughout. Enjoy hands on learning and discovery no matter how old you are!
4. Pike Place Market – This is a must see especially if you have never been to Seattle before. From the iconic market itself where you can get fresh seafood and experience the famous fish-toss, enjoy local street performers, browse local artisan and collectible shops, the market has everything you need with a laid back vibe that just about anyone will enjoy. Just around the corner you’ll find the gum wall (you have to see it, trust us) and nearby as well is the original Starbucks Café where you can grab a cup of java to go while you tour the rest of the area.
5. Seattle Aquarium – Bringing families and the community together to explore and inspire conservation of the delicate marine environment. Learn about the Sea Otter conservation program, the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation facility (the only permit-holding sea turtle stabilization facility in the state in fact) and explore the animal exhibits at your leisure. Hang out in the underwater dome and be surrounded by the teaming life of the Puget Sound, then stop by for a visit with the Seals all in one day.