From outdoor adventures to cultural activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Vancouver. Here are five must-see attractions in Vancouver that will leave a lasting impression on any traveler.
- Stanley Park – This 400-hectare park is a true oasis in the heart of the city. Visitors can take a stroll along the seawall, explore the various gardens and playgrounds, or visit the Vancouver Aquarium (the sea otter are adorable!). The park also offers a variety of recreational activities, including cycling and rollerblading.
- Granville Island – Located just a short water taxi ride from downtown, Granville Island is a vibrant community of artists, artisans, and food vendors. The island is home to a bustling public market where visitors can sample local produce, seafood, and handcrafted goods. Additionally, the island is home to several theaters and galleries, making it a cultural hub of the city.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge – This 140 meter long suspension bridge hangs 70 metres above the Capilano River and offers visitors a thrilling experience. The bridge is surrounded by lush rainforest and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Visitors can also explore the park’s various trails and exhibits.
- Grouse Mountain – This popular outdoor destination offers hiking (skiing in the winter), as well as beautiful views of the city and the surrounding mountains. Visitors can take the Skyride gondola to the top of the mountain, where they can enjoy a variety of activities, including dining, hiking, and wildlife viewing.
- Robson Street – This bustling street is lined with shops, restaurants, and cafes, and is a popular spot for “people-watching” and window-shopping. Visitors can find everything from high-end designer boutiques to affordable souvenirs. The street is also home to several art galleries and museums, making it a great destination for culture enthusiasts.